Le calcium intraveineux est recommandé pour le traitement de l’hyperkaliémie sévère (en construction).
Intravenous calcium should be administered immediately during the follow scenarios:
- Profound hypotension accompanied by acute QRS widening and axis shift
- Hypotension, shock, widened QRS complexes and ST elevation in leads V1 and V2 (Brugada-like Pattern)
- Acutely ill patient who presents with wide-QRS PEA
- Non-shockable pulseless wide-complex tachycardia
- Bilateral lower extremity paralysis or tetraparesis accompanied by a markedly abnormal ECG
- (Eventually) Critical illness when the ECG interpretation software double counts the heart rate (signe du scope)
NB. On the other hand, peaking of the T waves in it usually does not warrant the use of intravenous calcium, insulin or adrenaline.